Every day we work to help our customers Live First. We strive to provide convenient services that meet all of your banking needs so that you have more time to focus on the things that matter, like family and community.
We value the communities in which we live and work and know you do too! That’s why we’re inviting you to apply for our Live First Community Grant, which awards $3,000 to a project or cause that makes a difference in your community!
Many of our customers and community members are already actively involved with great causes that could qualify for the Live First Community Grant:
- A donation to McKenzie County Tornado Relief to provide emergency supplies for families affected by tornadoes in Watford City.
- Volunteering and buying supplies for the Great Plains Food Bank in Fargo-Moorhead.
- Helping the Fessenden-Bowdon School theatre program put on their production of Arsenic & Old Lace.
- The American Cancer Society Relay for Life Walk which benefits families affected by cancer by raising awareness, donating money for research and building a support network.
How Winners are Chosen
Our team at First International Bank & Trust will choose one project that we feel makes the biggest impact on their community. Even if your project isn’t awarded the $3,000 grant, you still have another chance to win. We’re awarding three runner-up grants for $500 each to the projects that get the most votes from our Facebook fans!
How to Apply
Here’s what you’ll need to apply: An idea for a project or event! How would you use a $3,000 grant to benefit your community? You’ll need to tell us:
- A name for your project. This is the part people will see when they vote, so make sure it’s catchy and descriptive.
- How the project will help your community. Be specific!
- Who will benefit.
- Organizations that would be part of your project (for example, a 4H chapter, a high school club or your local animal shelter).
- Budget breakdown of how you would use the $3,000 (and how you would pay for any costs beyond $3,000).
- The date(s) and location of where your project would take place.
- A photo that represents your project. This can be anything that captures the spirit of your idea. People will see the photo when they go to vote.
Then, share the entry on your Facebook page so you can ask your friends to vote for you! Just click the “Share” button on your entry.
Come back to the page and share your entry any time you want to remind your friends to vote. Just click View entries, find your own entry, and then “Share.”
Write a quick note telling your friends to vote, and click share!
Don’t forget to spread the word in other ways, too. You can put up posters, send emails and ask your friends to do the same!
Best of luck to all applicants – we can’t wait to see your ideas! Applications and voting close at 12:00 p.m. CST on July 31, 2014 – so get started now!
First International Bank & Trust, Member FDIC, EHL